What is the application process?

A borrower first assesses affordability by studying his/her own income, family expenses, assets and liabilities, and weigh these factors against the new loan for a dream house. The borrower must prepare to pay up to 30% of the house price as down payment, and uses CIMB loan to pay the remaining 70%. The gross monthly income should exceed total monthly installment by two times. Below is an indicative sheet for a 25-year mortgage at 8% p.a.:

Loan amount Monthly installment Expected income
$50,000 $390 $800
$80,000 $624 $1,300
$100,000 $780 $1,600
$150,000 $1,170 $2,400
$200,000 $1,560 $3,200

The relationship manager will walk through the application process with the customer, beginning with asking for personal information, employment, income, property price/location, requested loan amount, own assets and outstanding liabilities, and other relevant questions. It takes 2 to 10 working days to complete credit assessment. If application is approved, the customer will be given a letter of offer with stated loan terms and conditions. If the customer accepts the offer, the bank will provide the full loan agreement, mortgage agreement and other documents for signing.

Looking for More Questions?